Notes on Well Water
The well water system, atleast in our house, consists of the following components:
- The Well - Source for the ground water
- Motor - this gets the water into the house
- Pressure Tank - gives pressure to the water entering the house
- Filters - depending on your water content, a set of filters in series purifies the water before sending it to the house
- Sedement Filter: - This comes first, and removes the largest particles in the water (~25um)
- Active Carbon: - We don’t have this yet, but from what I am reading, this removes smell in the water (like sulfur) if the amount is small enough.
- Water Softener: - This removes hard minerals from the water, and the outcoming water is softer and easier on our skin
The plumbing, in our house atleast, uses PVC piping.